Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Calmare Days 1 and 2

So this is an update after days 1 and 2 of calmare therapy for my RSD. Yesterday was day 1. The treatment wasn't painful. I arrived with a pain level of about an 8-9. I left with a lower pain level, the exact numbers of which i can't recall. When i got home i was fine. However,  a few hour's later, i was sitting in the chair and my right foot started feeling like it was hooked up to the machine (electrical sensations), except unlike the machine, it was extremely painful. I called the office, and they suggested to try a heating pad for 15-20 minutes. I could barley feel the heat. Eventually i gave up on the heat cause it wasn't helping at all. Then it eventually went away.

This morning i woke up with less pain. I arrived early this morning  for session 2 with a pain level of a 7-8 of 10. Some of the electrodes were placed in different spots today to target where i was hurting more today. NOTE: the electrodes don't go directly on the painful spots but around them in a certain way.

By the time i left this morning, my pain level was a 5 or 6 in my back and left leg/foot, and a 6 or 7 in my right leg/foot.

I went to Goodwill with my mom after i got home where i got four playbills, and a couple of books. It was a good trip! Now i'm resting. I'm trying to take it as easy as possible. I'm about to continue reading one of the plays my theater professor that I will have this fall for theater history reccomended for me. It is called, "Angels in America: Part One: Millennium Approaches" I've only read the first scene so far (read it during calmare), but so far so good.

Tommorow i go for session 3.

0 comments: