Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Long Awaited Update!

Sorry for not blogging for so long! been busy! I saw my pain management doctor the morning of my 21st birthday (well actually the nurse practitioner although she did go back and speak with the doctor to confirm our plan cause he was doing procedures for the day). We decided i would do aqua/pool physical therapy 2 x a week until i have to go to school. I"m a bit nervous about it, but it's worth a shot. I will also see them again once more before i go back to school.

Also on my 21st birthday, I had a gluten free red velvet cake from Sweet T's Bakeshop in Haddonfield, New Jersey. I had had a gluten free cupcake from there before, and it was good and i wanted a gluten free cake, so i ordered from them. If you are interested their website is http://sweettbakes.com/home.cfm. One of the ladies that owns it/works there was an intern for Buddy on the Cake boss for the first two seasons of the show, so they are really good at decorating. I will post a picture of my cake in this post! We also went out to dinner where i got gluten free penne in almost an alfredo type cream sauce, which was so yummy i ate the whole thing! It didn't taste like typical gluten free pasta, in fact at one point i was nervous that perhaps the waitress didn't hear me say the gluten free part, but she charged us the $1 extra for gluten free and i didn't get sick, so it obviously was just very good gluten free pasta.  I'm also uploading a picture from the dinner of me, because i actually bothered to put on makeup and dress nicely which is hard to do with the pain.

Saturday, i went to NYC early with my dad. We took NJ transit to Penn and then the subway to 42nd and the S subway shuttle to grand central because my roommate was taking Metro North to Grand Central and i met up with her. Then my roommate and I went to TKTS and bought half off tickets for Mamma Mia for the 2 PM show. In between, we went to the Westway diner which was yummy and reasonably priced and apparently they had filmed a few episodes of Smash there. Then we went to a theater souviner store where i got the last Priscilla mug they had and then we went to starbucks and then Mamma Mia!

I had my first real "Drink" at Mamma Mia that i bought at intermission. It was called Dancing Queen. It was grape vodka, pepsi, and some granider syrup. I enjoyed it though i sipped it and since it was in a  souvenir cup gave my dad the last few sips when he met us after the show. I didn't want to drink too much because of  the medications i'm on, i just wanted to symbolically celebrate my 21st. Funny thing was i had my ID all ready and out to show him but the guy never asked, perhaps he saw my id in my hand and figured if someone had an ID in their hand they wouldn't have one that showed an age under 21 to show them or I just looked 21.

Then my dad and I headed back to penn and all the trains back to where we needed to go were delayed due to "police activity". I knew that probably meant a train had hit someone. We got on the 4:54 at 5:45ish. Only reason we got seats was when they annonced the track i ran ahead of my dad so fast i beat him by a few minutes and saved us seats on the train. The only time i can run fast even in pain is in penn station, i get an adreneline rush like no other. lots of people had to stand in the aisles. the trian kept stopping in between stations. Apparenlty amtrack (even though we were on NJ transit, they share tracks and Amtrack gets priority) had hit a person in Edison, NJ earlier that afternoon so they were down to one track and AMtrack got priority. We didn't get to our station till almost 9pm and it usually only takes at most an hour and 20 minutes. My pain was really bad on the train sitting there for that long.

Today my pain is so bad it took me until almost 10:45 to get out of bed this morning.


0 comments: